Saturday, January 30, 2016

Interview with Nick Nichols

I'm a professional Musician, Entertainer, and seeking to be professional Songwriter who has been Performing and Ministering professionally, and most importantly, Writing for about 25 years now, still looking for my first big break as a Writer/Artist in the music business! Had the good fortune of opening for such major acts as T.G Sheppard, Gene Watson, and O.B. McClinton, and The Masters 5.





I started writing while attending Clemson University, and have had numerous songs pitched to such artists as Travis Tritt, Ronnie Milsap, Tricia Yearwood, Jamie O’Neal, Lee Greenwood, and Clay Walker, not to mention the ones I don’t even know about. Had a ton of songs put on hold, but I’m still looking to get that first one “licensed”! My style of writing includes Country, Pop, Contemporary Christian and Jazz, as well as Christmas songs.
I’ve performed in coffee houses to packed arenas, and now I spend most of my time performing at business functions for fortune 500 companies, Private Weddings and parties, and sharing my faith in churches through song ministry. I play both guitar and keyboard. I've been keyboard player and lead singer for Southern Crescent Band since 1981. Members of Southern Crescent are Jim Ball, Drums & Vocals Tommy Phillips, Rhythm Guitar & Vocals Dan Miley, Bass Guitar & Vocals Marvin King, Lead Guitar & Vocals.
  I guess you could say my greatest influences in life and music are My Dad, James H. Nichols; Dan Seals; Van Morrison; Richard Marx; Merle Haggard; Michael W. Smith; Steven Curtis Chapman; Rodney Crowell; Michael McDonald; James Taylor.
“I spend most of my time performing and also sharing my Christian faith in churches, through song and ministry.”


No comments:

Post a Comment