Monday, November 21, 2016

Loudini Interviews Cody Webb

Singer, songwriter, musician, and touring artist Cody Webb has played hundreds of dates across the East Coast, Midwest and beyond, earning thousands of fans with his expressive tenor and deft guitar work. Recently relocated to Nashville from his native South Carolina, he’s finishing work on his debut EP and has assembled a team of top music business pros for his first push onto the national scene.

Cody’s childhood in South Carolina consisted of hunting, fishing, sports, and music in tiny Ridge Spring. His mother had been a music major and led the music ministry at their church. His father had a band and wrote songs, so it wasn’t surprising when Cody gravitated to guitar at eight and joined his father onstage as a teenager. “I wanted to be a guitar player back then,” he says. “I had no idea what that would look like, but I was making $100 on Sundays when I was 12 or 13 and thought I was killing it. Big money.”






As first gigs go, the South Carolina Poultry Festival was a big step for a 12-year-old. “I was terrible,” Cody admits. “The intro to ‘Ballad of Curtis Lowe’ was my spotlight moment. I was so nervous my hands were shaking and it wasn’t great. But there was a local artist named D.B. Bryant who played right after us. He was a heck of a guitar player and watching him, the whole world went away. I remember right then thinking, ‘I’m going to figure out how to do this.’ Ten years later, I got to headline that stage at that festival with my band. That was pretty cool.”

No comments:

Post a Comment