Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Interview with Janelle Rogers of Green Light Go Publicity

Hosted by: LouLombardi aka "Loudini"
Title: Interview with Janelle Rogers of Green Light Go Publicity
Time: 09/08/2015 06:00 PM EDT





Armed with gritty determination, I’m the queen of defying the impossible and what most people would say “can’t be done.” Never one to admit defeat until every avenue has been exhausted, I’ve conquered a few personal milestones in my forty years.
Whether personal or professional, I turn every no into a giant yes. Small town girls don’t move from Wyoming to Seattle to pursue a dream job in the music industry. I did. “You won’t get a job.” And yet stints at SXSW Music & Media Conference, BMG Distribution, and Sony BMG in the alternative marketing department are all parts of my career repertoire. Ride 300 miles through Michigan on a bicycle for the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Challenge accepted and completed.
I might also add I’ve worked with some very cool bands. I say this not to brag, but because, I mean, c’mon it’s cool. Kings of Leon, The White Stripes, The Strokes, Starfucker, The Handsome Family, Belle & Sebastian, Morrissey are just a few I could name.
When I started Green Light Go in 2002, I heard a lot of naysayers tell me how most businesses fail. They do. But I’m not most people and as you can see, I don’t take no for an answer. My brother says I’m resilient. It’s my resilience, determination and passion that is infused into every single campaign we work. I don’t believe in can’t. If you say you can’t do something, I’ll ask for five reasons you can.
Professional (and brief bio)
Janelle Rogers began her 20 year music industry career working for SXSW Music and Media Conference. She then went on to work for BMG Distribution for 10 years in the alternative music department where she championed bands like Kings of Leon, Ray LaMontagne, The Strokes, Belle & Sebastian and The White Stripes. In 2002 she launched Green Light Go Music PR as a haven of honesty, integrity and passion for underrepresented artists and labels. She has since been named Mentor of the Year by the University of Michigan, Dearborn, appeared as a panelist at NXNE and been an official SXSW mentor.
If interested in booking for panelist, mentor or interview opportunities please contact at janelle [at] glgpub.com
http://facebook.com/janellerogersrox
http://twitter.com/janelle_rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment