Friday, March 24, 2017

Loudini Interviews Cam Bird

It’s not often that an artist’s life is saved by a band 8,000 miles away, but that is exactly what happened to Cam Bird, who, on the precipice of taking his life, put on a track by Metallica.
At that moment, Australian recording artist, Cam Bird, realised that his life was too precious to let go of, and is now on a mission to use the power of music to change the lives of others.

Homeless and armed with only a suitcase and a guitar, Cam realised that if James Hetfield’s lyrics could change his life in an instant, he now understood the power of his own gift and passion for music. It was time to pay it forward.




After a series of experiences with bands, Cam’s music career took off. With an army of fans, he found himself touring Japan with his heavy metal group, not realising that his destiny lay as a solo Rock artist. With a broad range of influences including Dave Grohl and Sting, he was surprised to be recently called the “Keith Urban of Rock” by a number of his passionate fan base, many of whom are 8,000 miles away.

For three years, Cam has been working towards this moment, with an album recorded, he can no longer contain his music within his own continent, especially since everyone present in the studio knew something special was happening. His passion-heavy music has been likened to everyone from Nirvana to Metallica to Tool.

“I wouldn’t call my music heavy metal like before. It’s softer, more pliable. I guess you could call it aluminium if you want to play on the metal thing! Its rock; more accessible to masses, but still hard-hitting and intense.”

Cam continued:

“I’ve been through lots of bands and written hundreds of songs over my career but going solo just felt right. There was a deep calling inside that I had to do this. The right people came in and it just naturally flowed together. It was just awesome.”

The next stop of his career will take him on that long plane journey. The States is already calling him as his social media presence continues to explode.

Cam said:

“It’s the messages I receive from people about how it’s impacting them. I’ve haven't met these people yet, but I already feel hugely connected to them. It’s all I ever wanted to do - was connect deeply and emotionally with people through the power of music. If I can change one person’s life in the same way music changed mine, I’d experience a tremendous sense of legacy knowing that I carried the flame forward.”

No comments:

Post a Comment